Great post – thank you for sharing!
Every teacher at KEGS is involved in a teaching and learning group called a ‘workshop’. We meet several times across the year to explore a particular aspect of pedagogy. Teachers select who to work with and what to work on. In May each year we have a non-pupil day that we call a ‘Leading Edge’ day where we run a 90 minute marketplace-style showcase of the work we’ve all been doing in our groups.
This year, the workshops covered a wide range of ideas although, interestingly, they were clumped around some common ideas:
- Learning texts by heart and reading aloud
- Testing and feedback from tests
- Using Edmodo as a platform for exchanging ideas and information beyond the classroom
- Deepening teachers’ subject-specific knowledge
- Lesson Study and IRIS as tools for self-reflection
Following some input in October, the workshops this…
View original post 1,852 more words