I’m just recovering from an amazing day at Bath University where we launched our collaborative schools’ research project. I work with a wonderful, dedicated team who are making all of this innovative learning a reality.
The ‘Confident Comminicators’ project is designed to work on several levels:
1. Develop learners’ self confidence through their communication and collaboration skills.
2. Provide a learner-led research project which will run over the next five months.
3. Create opportunities for teachers to adopt the role of facilitator and observer of learning, using strategies adapted from EYFS practice.
4. Allow learners to work in teams to ‘research the future’.
5. Raise aspirations of learners & teachers.
6. Use podcasting to develop ‘quality learning conversations’.
What a day! A special word of thanks (tinged with buckets of awe) for the ‘glue’ of the day, Mr Jeremy Stockwell (follow on Twitter @jeremystockwell). He absolutely pinned down the essence of the day in what, how and why he said & did what he did.
Suffice to say, I now know how to breathe and, as one teacher reflected on how tired she was at the end of the day (the students were similarly exhausted!), “…it’s great to be tired in a different way.”
Indeed it is. More on the project as it develops.
keep me informed…
Thanks, Stephen, I’ll post more information as the project develops. We’ve already linked the project into the LA AfL programme, which is a fantastic strategic development (a genius idea from one of our outstanding ASTs-as I said, great great team!). Thanks for your interest-I look forward to comparing notes on our respective projects!
Hey Stephen, heard good things about the session – some nice comments from some students who attended too. Nice one!
Sorry, was reading while typing – *Zoe 🙂